Dinner’s about to be served and I have prepared a basic salad for tonight that I left chilled in the ref for about a few minutes. If you like and if you still have at least 10 minutes to spare, you can prepare this in a breeze! After all , you just need the following basic ingredients:
- 1 heart of lettuce
- 1 cucumber, seeded, diced
- 2 salad tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 carrot, peeled and julienned or shredded
- 5 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, (with basil, optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 block grated regular-sized Kraft Eden cheese (optional, I like Kraft Eden as it’s almost like feta cheese when combined with the dressing)
Place salad greens in a salad bowl and top with tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots. Mix oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to combine. Top with the grated cheese.
Here’s to a happy, healthy heart!